Friday, November 19, 2010

A Sweet Little Song with a Sad Background

"Ring around the rosey, a pocket full of possies. Ashes ashes, we all fall down!"

Cute, right? :) I know.
Unfortunately, this song has been OFFICIALLY spoiled for me.
Turns out, originally it was made to be about ppl DYING!!!! The rosies are like these little red bumps that signified disease on the sides of their head, and it looked like ring. Ashes Ashes, they all feel down and died.
The song was created because ALOOOT of ppl were dying from this at the time.

Isnt that SAD?! Mrs. Shwarz gave us a more specific background in class, but thats the general thing.
I guess I'll never be able to listen to kids sing that again without wanting to say something.

2 comments:

  1. Ya. It is really sad! I learned about that like 2 years ago and whenever kids sing it, i attempt to plug my ears. :(

    ReplyDelete